Friday, January 4, 2013

1st Photo Walk of 2013

Naritasan Temple, Okinawa 

I am part of an amazing support system here in Okinawa. When the New Year was approaching I really wanted to visit a temple (will be my last New Year here) as it is tradition for the locals here on island. Now I would have been happy going by myself, however when there are others that want to join you it makes the trip that much better.  So I decided to create an event thru Facebook in hopes that others in the photo group would want to join...and sure enough, 4 other ladies decided to join. Thus, making it our 1st official photo walk of year :) I was so happy to put this together and ask for others to join because typically I just do things like this on my own. I am looking forward to this last year on island learning as much as I can from this photo group and doing as many of the meet ups as personal and family time allows.














I couldn't leave without forking over 100yen to receive my good fortune for this coming year :) 
The 4 ladies that joined me for our photo group's 1st photo walk...Thank You and Happy New Year! 
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. That is one of the coolest parts of being in a foreign country for more than just a vacation. Very cool pictures and cool to see some of the traditions in other parts of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful captures! Love the street PJ style :)

    ReplyDelete