Thursday, December 6, 2012

Compliments

Since moving to Okinawa I came here with full intentions to kick starting a business. However, once we got here it seemed as if everyone that owned a 'fancy' camera was a photographer and I didn't want to be lumped into that group. So I put that on the back burner and just did shoots as I pleased when ever I got the itch. With that said, I have always stood in the crowds among the photo groups I am apart of on Facebook and never really posted my photos because one, I didn't want to overwhelm those groups with daily shots of my son, and two I didn't want to be looked down on because I don't have a business so what was the point of me posting my photos. I mainly joined these groups to learn and listen to amazing photographers both here in Okinawa and all over the world. They have taught me so much and have given me the confidence to post my work among their own.

Today I attended a monthly meeting that is held by a local photography group I was approached by a woman who does outstanding work in the world of Boudoir photography. She asked if I was planning on building a business based around boudoir and if not that I should really consider it. She loved the photos I posted from Alex's shoot and coming from her it meant so much! I know my friend loved her pictures and my husband is always complimenting my work but coming from someone who doesn't have a personal relationship with me felt so good. She defiantly has given me a little mental push to do what I love. I am going to continue building my portfolio while living here in Okinawa and learn as much as I can so when I get back stateside I can grab the bull by the horns and continue on this journey. 
One more from Mrs. M's photo shoot 
*I wanted to show some love to the amazing photographer that has been my inspiration since moving to Okinawa so please visit her website! I promise you will love her work as much as I do :) 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment