Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Santa's Gift

Here in Okinawa, Christmas has come and gone but Santa def left a little something behind for me to enjoy for years and years to come. For a little over a year I have been begging my husband for an upgrade (I was shooting with a Canon rebel xsi). It was def a great little camera and has taught me a ton about taking pictures, however, I just felt that I have out grown the little rebel and was getting frustrated with the low ISO and lack of options for me to expand and grow with. Well, my husband has been listening and let me unwrap the camera I have been drooling over, the Canon 7D! I am beyond excited and have been on google for the past 42 hours trying to learn as much as I can.
Also, as a little bonus my husband threw in a 10-22mm ultra-wide angle lens. Now coming from ONLY using the nifty fifty this thing is for sure way out of my comfort zone. But I am totally digging the almost fisheye effect it gives me at 10mm. I have yet to take it out and see what this bad boy can do with the wonderful landmarks this island has to offer and ocean views but I will be getting out as much as I can to learn and make use this lens to its fullest. I have, however, had the chance to play with it inside with my dog and son and it's totally fun and I can def say this is NOT a very good portrait lens haha


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment